How to Display Each Section Value

rajendra.sisodia@philips.com rajendra.sisodia@philips.com
Thu Aug 8 03:37:00 GMT 2002


Hi sorry for asking such a simple question but I am unable to see each section from a object file compiled for dwarf-2 format.

here are some of the section header value when I print using objdump -h  a.out option.


22 .stab         00000720  00000000  00000000  000008a0  2**2
                  CONTENTS, READONLY, DEBUGGING
 23 .stabstr      0000192f  00000000  00000000  00000fc0  2**0
                  CONTENTS, READONLY, DEBUGGING
 24 .comment      00000114  00000000  00000000  000028ef  2**0
                  CONTENTS, READONLY
 25 .debug_aranges 00000020  00000000  00000000  00002a03  2**0
                  CONTENTS, READONLY, DEBUGGING
 26 .debug_pubnames 0000002c  00000000  00000000  00002a23  2**0
                  CONTENTS, READONLY, DEBUGGING
 27 .debug_info   000015fc  00000000  00000000  00002a4f  2**0
                  CONTENTS, READONLY, DEBUGGING
 28 .debug_abbrev 00000172  00000000  00000000  0000404b  2**0
                  CONTENTS, READONLY, DEBUGGING
 29 .debug_line   0000026c  00000000  00000000  000041bd  2**0


But when I use
objdump -j .debug_line a.out
objdump -j debug_line a.out
objdump --section=.debug_line a.out
objdump --section=debug_line a.out

It will say that I have to use other switch also. I have tried all combination after that.........

objdump -G option is working properly for me. Can any one help me How I will display each section value seperately.

I am using gcc 2.96
and objdump version is 2.10.90

the switch I have used for gcc is gcc -gdwarf-2 Test.c

Thanks in advance.




More information about the Binutils mailing list