ordinal linking for cygwin ld
Ralf Habacker
Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de
Sun Apr 28 05:26:00 GMT 2002
> > Mostly. I'm a bit rusty - it's been a while since I grokked the
> > auto-import stuff. I'm getting back into it at the moment. The thing
> > that I don't follow at the moment is the how the linker fixup places the
> > exported data -variable- at a fixed rva at dll load time. The IAT is
> > -meant- to point straight to functions after the fixup occurs, so
> > pointing at an address in the .dll .text segment is fine.
^^^^
>
> Not into the dll, into the client code.
I was wrong. ... points to a data variable address located in the dll, which may
be in the .text or .data or .bss segment of the dll, but the patched address
lies in the clients .text segment.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list