cygwin ld import library issue fix (removing unused "_nm_" symbols)

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de
Thu Apr 25 14:43:00 GMT 2002

Ralf Habacker

I have tried some analysis and got the following result:

old = binutils 20011002
new = binutils 20020425 (cvs HEAD)

funcs
linking	dll 	app

		old	old 	- no problems
		old	new   - no problems
		new	old	- undefined reference error
		new	new	- undefined reference error

auto-imported data
linking	dll 	app

		old	old 	- no problems
		old	new   - BFD 2.12.90 20020425 internal error,
                            aborting at section.c line 1073 in
bfd_map_over_sections
		new	old	- undefined reference error
		new	new	- undefined reference error