linker SEARCH_DIR order
Rupert Wood
me@rupey.net
Wed Apr 24 07:13:00 GMT 2002
George R. Goffe wrote:
> Yes. I've tried this but I still see configure "talking" about
> /usr/ccs/bin. I'va also tried setting the PATH variable with
> NO effect. I will NOT remove binaries to get around this problem. I
think configure
> should be fixed. Sigh...
If you look at the script, the search order in your case would be:
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.1/as
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/as
/usr/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.1/as
/usr/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/as
/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.1/as
/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/bin/as
/usr/libexec/as
/usr/ccs/gcc/as
/usr/ccs/bin/as
<and more>
so you can install or link your preferred assembler from any of those.
Ditto the linker. It will try /usr/ccs/bin/as before it searches the
path.
These are just simple shell scripts: I'm sure you'd be capable of
modifying the behaviour and submitting a patch yourself.
For what it's worth, --with-as and --with-ld work for me on Solaris 2.8
using CVS GCC 3.1.
Rup.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list