XPASS for hppa-linux?
Alan Modra
amodra@bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 23 00:10:00 GMT 2002
On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 11:16:54PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> I got
>
> Running
> /home/hjl/work/linux/import/binutils/gas/testsuite/gas/hppa/parse/parse.
> exp ...
> XPASS: line separator bug
>
> parse.exp has
> if [istarget hppa*-*-*] then {
> # GAS-2.0 does not always parse ! as a line separator when it should.
> setup_xfail hppa*-*-*
> gas_test "linesepbug.s" "" "" "line separator bug"
>
> Has this bug been fixed?
No. It's a testsuite bug. Failures should be expected for all
hppa*-*-* except hppa*-*-linux* and hppa*-*-netbsd*. ie. it's
expected to fail for hppa targets that define LABELS_WITHOUT_COLONS.
Please go ahead and fix it.
Contrary to what I said about this test at the end of last year,
I now believe Jeff was correct in changing linesepbug.s, as it
appears that with HP assemblers you can only define a lable in
the first column of a line; Using a line separator doesn't put
you back in the expecting-label-state as it does in gas.
--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre
More information about the Binutils
mailing list