[RFA] bfd/elf.c: remove #define _SYSCALL32
Joern Rennecke
joern.rennecke@st.com
Tue Apr 16 01:32:00 GMT 2002
msnyder@redhat.com wrote:
>
> Joern Rennecke wrote:
> >
> > P.S.: I've just tried a native solaris 2.8 build with this
> > patch, and it failed. When compiling elf.c, it is missing
> > the types prstatus32_t and elfcore_psinfo32_t .
> > The problem is that autoconf made its decisions with a test
> > defining _SYSCALL32, and then elf.c got compiled without that
> > define. Now, for the native build, if I add -D_SYSCALL32 to
> > the gcc invocation, it succeeds.
> > Should we use a different test for _SYSCALL32 when doing a
> > native build?
> > Or should we guard the uses of _SYSCALL32 specific types
> > by tests of HAVE__SYSCALL32 as well as tets of the type-specific
> > macros?
> > Or should we decide early on if we are going to use _SYSCALL32,
> > and then define / not define it accordingly in the sys/procfs.h
> > type tests?
>
> It needs to be defined if and only if your target is
> 64-bit Sparc Solaris. Although actually, I'm not sure
> why the define was giving you trouble in the first place.
I was building with gcc 2.7.2.3 . Yesterday I built the cross
sucessfully using gcc 2.95.2 Should we consider building with
gcc 2.7.2.3 as unsupported for this host/target combination, or
should I look closer at the reason why things went wrong?
--
--------------------------
SuperH
2430 Aztec West / Almondsbury / BRISTOL / BS32 4AQ
T:+44 1454 462330
More information about the Binutils
mailing list