How to add 'relaxing' to loader for m68k

Peter Barada pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com
Thu Apr 11 07:34:00 GMT 2002

>> Are there any examples in gas/ld of using a special section for this?
>> I'm looking for a place to start.
>
>elfxx-mips.c does horrible things with extra sections.  Before you go
>down that path though, I suggest implementing something using special
>relocs to indicate the start of the insn as well as the relocs type.
>The idea being to get your relaxation machinery working first, then
>at a later stage write code for the assembler to map special relocs
>to normal relocs + aux data stored in a special section, and code to
>do the reverse in the linker.

Sounds like a plan.  I'll start looking into this.  Expect lots of
questions in a few weeks :-)

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)