[Linux-ia64] epilogue count exceeds number of nested prologues
David Mosberger
davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com
Mon Apr 8 10:29:00 GMT 2002
>>>>> On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 17:17:14 -0700, Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org> said:
Randolph> Hi all, While trying to compile mozilla with libffi, the
Randolph> configure phase dies with a message:
Randolph> Error: Epilogue count of 4294967296 exceeds number of
Randolph> nested prologues (0)
Randolph> I see that this message comes from a patch submitted by
Randolph> David in February. Is libffi broken? What is needed to fix
Randolph> it?
I now realize that you must have been using the latest binutils, as the
old one silently generated bad unwind info.
As Richard pointed out in his mail, the offending code really is
broken. I was planning to update the mozilla libffi anyhow, both to
sync up with Hans's recent unwind fixes and to look into whether we
could use the assembler directives added for C++ vtables to simplify
the generation of static closures. Let me take a look at it.
--david
More information about the Binutils
mailing list