[PATCH/RFA] Mark arm-*-netbsdelf* binaries as ELFOSABI_NETBSD
Philip Blundell
pb@nexus.co.uk
Mon Apr 8 03:20:00 GMT 2002
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 11:11, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> For a fully conforming ARM EABI implementation, this information will be
> determined by looking at EF_ARM_EABI_VERSION (the top 8 bits of the
> EF_FLAGS field). So there's no need to mandate the setting of the
> ELFOSABI field.
But the EI_OSABI field is what you look at in the first instance to
decide whether what you're dealing with is a fully-conforming ARM EABI
implementation. If it is set to some strange value, you can't ascribe
any meaning at all to EF_FLAGS.
> BTW, who allocated ELFOSABI_ARM? I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have been
> ARM,
It certainly wasn't ARM, and I don't think ELFOSABI_ARM was ever
codified by SCO either. I don't remember who exactly made the choice of
97 as a value -- it might have been Nick, Uli, Pat, Scott or possibly
even me -- but at any rate it was just a GNU thing.
p.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list