gprof/sprof and shared libraries...again

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Thu Apr 4 11:29:00 GMT 2002


On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 02:20:41PM -0500, Braman, Paul wrote:
> 
> On Thursday, April 04, 2002 1:45 PM, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> > 
> > On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 10:27, Braman, Paul wrote:
> > > 
> > > The question then becomes, "How do I profile the calls made *to*
> > > libprof.so?"
> > 
> > LD_PROFILE intercepts the calls to every exported interface in a DSO. 
> > Nothing else, nothing more.
> 
> Sounds like you are saying, "use LD_PROFILE".  Unless I read that wrong,
> your reply answers my exact question.  (Yes, that's a pretty obvious
> statement.)
> 

Correct me if I am wrong.  Ulrich was trying to say "LD_PROFILE
intercepts the calls to every exported interface made from a DSO."
					        ^^^^^^^^^^


H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list