bad sh linking error with test case

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Tue Apr 2 09:27:00 GMT 2002

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 06:22:29PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > >
> > > No comment on your other problem right now, but - I remember that for
> > > some time you were using a snapshot from a week or two before release.
> > > Is this actually 2.12?  I'm fairly sure I'd fixed it.
> > I can reproduce this problem with both using vanilla binutils-2.12 and
> > binutils-cvs (updated from sources a couple of minutes ago)
> > + rtems-gcc-2.95.3 for sh-rtems (sh-coff).
> >
> > # cat fred.c
> > main(){fred();}
> >
> > # sh-rtems-gcc -o fred fred.c
> >
> > # sh-rtems-ld --version
> > GNU ld version 2.12.90 20020402
> > Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms
> > of
> > the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
> > warranty.
>
> Sorry I wasn't clearer - I meant the "ambiguous output format" error,
> which I believe is fixed.

You're probably right.  My sh-rtems is really 2.12 and my sh-coff is
actually
2.11.93 20020209.  I suppose I need to rebuild my generic targets.
<sigh>
it's always something.

But the "fred undefined" problem is really there as the test case shows.
Someone might be able to reproduce it with sh-coff if they have a
binutils 2.12 built.