_bfd_merged_section_offset + powerpc-eabism == dead

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 09:38:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 01:59:16AM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> didn't hit your problem.  I bombed later when building target libs,
> probably due to lack of target includes.  Looking at my gcc/auto-conf.h,
> I see "#undef HAVE_GAS_SHF_MERGE" for some reason, so it's not surprising
> that I avoid your crash.  Arrgh, why doesn't the gcc build detect that I'm
> using both native x86-linux binutils and powerpc binutils built from CVS
> a few hours ago?

When cross compiling, it can only detect it if you're in using combined
gcc/binutils tree and binutils is 2.12+ (since binutils 2.11 did not have it
in). So it is strange that HAVE_GAS_SHF_MERGE was defined for Benjamin.
Anyway, Benjamin, could you pack up all the object files/libs which ld uses
when crashing? Maybe I could find something obvious.

	Jakub