2.11.2 & arm-aout

Quality Quorum qqi@world.std.com
Sun Sep 23 06:00:00 GMT 2001


On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >I had built arm-aout cross tool chain using binutils-2.11.2. I found one
> >anomaly in the generated output: (a)first four bytes of header are
> >in little-endian order instead of netorder, (b) first four bytes of
> >header contain only magic number, no machine type information.
> >
> >Is it as it supposed to be ?
>
> Yeah.  It's certainly been this way as long as I can remember, and I don't
> think changing it would be a sensible move.
>
> If you are building binaries to run on an OS that cares about the header, you
> probably want a more specific configuration than arm-aout in any case.

Thanks, I was just expecting that native objdump would be able to
figure out intended CPU of the image.

>
> p.
>
>

Thanks,

Aleksey





More information about the Binutils mailing list