Option -mwarn_areg_zero for S/390.

Martin Schwidefsky schwidefsky@de.ibm.com
Wed Sep 19 02:24:00 GMT 2001


Hi,
I recently added a warning to the S/390 assembler that is printed whenever
a specified base or index register is zero. That helped us to find some
critical bugs in the compiler. The background is that the general purpose
register 0 can't be used to address memory. I got several complaints about
these warnings and to make everybody happy I want to add a run-time option.
The default is not to print these messages and -mwarn_areg_zero enables
them.

ChangeLog for gas:

2001-09-19  Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com>

     * gas/config/tc-s390.c: Add option -mwarn_areg_zero.

(See attached file: binutils-warn.diff)

blue skies,
   Martin

Linux/390 Design & Development, IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Schönaicherstr. 220, D-71032 Böblingen, Telefon: 49 - (0)7031 - 16-2247
E-Mail: schwidefsky@de.ibm.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: binutils-warn.diff
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 1312 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20010919/61a8f2a1/attachment.bin>


More information about the Binutils mailing list