Automatic opcode table generation and gas test cases for s/390.

Martin Schwidefsky schwidefsky@de.ibm.com
Fri Sep 14 15:21:00 GMT 2001

>That looks OK to me.  Don't forget the ChangeLog entry, and review the
>diffs for configure to make sure you aren't making spurious changes
>due to autoconf version drift, post the final patch with the other
>changes, and I'll re-review it.  Whew.

Ok, here is the second try:

ChangeLog for gas:

2001-09-14  Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com>

     * tc-s390.c (s390_insn): Add code to cope with 6 byte O_constants
     in 64 bit mode and make format "e" work.

ChangeLog for opcodes:

2001-09-14  Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com>

     * Makefile.am: Add rules and dependencies to create the s/390 opcode
     table out of s390-opc.txt automatically.
     * configure.in: Add BFD_CC_FOR_BUILD to allow CC_FOR_BUILD to be used.
     * s390-mkopc.c (dumpTable): Change output to create a complete file.
     * s390-opc.c: New improved opcode format macros and remove the
     pregenerated opcode table.
     * s390-opc.txt: Adapt to new improved opcode format macros.

(See attached file: binutils-optab390.diff)

ChangeLog for gas/testsuite:

2001-09-14  Martin Schwidefsky <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com>

     * gas/s390/opcode.d: New file.
     * gas/s390/opcode.s: New file.
     * gas/s390/opcode64.d: New file.
     * gas/s390/opcode64.s: New file.
     * gas/s390/operands.d: New file.
     * gas/s390/operands.s: New file.
     * gas/s390/operands64.d: New file.
     * gas/s390/operands64.s: New file.
     * gas/s390/reloc.d: New file.
     * gas/s390/reloc.s: New file.
     * gas/s390/reloc64.d: New file.
     * gas/s390/reloc64.s: New file.
     * gas/s390/s390.exp: New file.

(See attached file: binutils-test390.diff)

I haven't changed any files that are generated by autoconf or automake.
The optab patch won't work until these files are recreated.

I hope thats it. And thanks DJ for your help.

blue skies,
   Martin

Linux/390 Design & Development, IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Schönaicherstr. 220, D-71032 Böblingen, Telefon: 49 - (0)7031 - 16-2247
E-Mail: schwidefsky@de.ibm.com