PATCH: Add the "ld -r" test for ELF visibility.

cgd@broadcom.com cgd@broadcom.com
Wed Oct 31 13:35:00 GMT 2001

"Hans-Peter Nilsson" <hp@bitrange.com> writes:
> > +     .: [0-9a-fA-F]*     0 NOTYPE  GLOBAL PROTECTED    . protected
> > +#...
>
> Not sure why I think so, but I think the last "#..." should
> better be "#pass".  Perhaps it's because things then look a bit
> clearer when the test fails.

Actually, currently, AFAIK, a trailing #... at end of file _doesn't_
match additional output in the objdump dump output.

(I posted a patch to make it so, it was quasi-approved, but I didn't
get around to applying it... and now that i know about #pass I don't
know that it's really a good idea.)

Also, e.g. for:

     .: [0-9a-fA-F]*     0 NOTYPE  GLOBAL HIDDEN    . hidden

I think i'd suggest:

 +[0-9]+: [0-9a-fA-F]+     0 NOTYPE  GLOBAL HIDDEN +[0-9]+ hidden

(more tolerant of different section numbers)

chris