PATCH: Fix linkonce for ELF/PPC.
Alan Modra
amodra@bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 28 22:35:00 GMT 2001
On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 09:58:26PM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
>
> I don't know how it happens on ELF/PPC. The problem can be in linker,
> gcc and glibc. What I saw was the gcc couldn't catch the exception with
> libstdc++.so built by the current ld. It just aborted. Also see
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-09/msg01248.html
>
> It may or may not be related. Feel to find a real fix for the problem.
> But we still need a workaround in the meantime.
Hmm, considering the above post and Geoff Keating's previous remarks
( http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-06/msg00413.html ) about
requiring zeros, I can't see how we can implement a correct solution
in binutils. It seems to me that this is a gcc bug, and we shouldn't
be tweaking binutils at all.
Alan
More information about the Binutils
mailing list