binutils broken?
H . J . Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Fri Oct 26 14:27:00 GMT 2001
On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 04:33:35PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> HJ,
> Franz Sirl hasn't reported this yet because he doesn't understand
> the cause yet but he believes binutils 2.11.92.0.10 is broken on ppc.
> He sees over 100 new failures on gcc3 on entropy and I believe 2 new
> g++ failures on gcc 2.95.4. Has anyone rebuilt gcc 2.95.4 or gcc 3.0.2
> under binutils 2.11.92.0.10 on any arches and done a check for new
> failures? I am also very puzzled by the problems that Mark Mitchell
> is having with ppc...
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2001-10/msg00367.html
>
> It is unclear from that what binutils Mark is using. I think it
> might be a go idea for all arches to double check their gcc's
> with the current binutils.
Alan mentioned that mrg@redhat.com's PPC change brake some PPC targets.
See
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-10/msg00473.html
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list