Release 2.12

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Thu Oct 25 08:41:00 GMT 2001


On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 09:47:39PM -0700, Eric Christopher wrote:
> > Addressing the technical side of this question, I'd say that we need
> > a freeze on new features to let the tree stabilise before branching.
> > eg. some of my recent commits broke various things, and I've had reports
> > that ppc embedded targets are broken due to mrg's recent commit.
> 
> Right.  I agree as well.  MIPS is currently broken as well. I took a look
> at the problem and couldn't track it down within a couple of days. I'm
> going to have the person who submitted the original patch look at it and
> then either back it out or fix the bugs. This will be in no earlier than
> Monday.

Linux/MIPS seems ok to me. I even rebuilt my mips port of RedHat 7.1 with
binutils on 20011021. I don't see any problems.


H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list