Status of contributed translation

Nick Clifton nickc@cambridge.redhat.com
Fri Oct 19 09:59:00 GMT 2001

Hi Tom,

> Martin> Dear binutils maintainers,
> Martin> This message is primarily to check whether the email alias
> Martin> translation@cygnus.com is still operational, and whether contributions
> Martin> are properly being received.
>
> The address is still valid, and I still get the messages.  But I'm
> unable to do anything meaningful with them.
>
> These days binutils has a more public presence than it did when the
> old translations@cygnus alias was set up.  A while back I suggested
> that these messages go directly to the current binutils maintainers.
> I don't think anything came of that.

Ian also forwarded a copy of this message to me.  I logged into the
translations web site and sent an email about changing the email
address.

I am not sure what to do with the translation packages though.  For
example I downloaded the GAS French translation "gas-2.11.fr.po", but
I do not know what I should do with it, or whether it is something
that ought to be checked into the CVS repository.