Patch to ld/pe-dll.c: Use explicit lookup for filering excluded objects

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 17 22:39:00 GMT 2001


Danny Smith wrote:

>>And would we need the lengths in the table still, with this patch? 
>>
> 
> No. Nor does autofilter_symbollist. I have changed both to simple arrays of
> char* and calculated fixed array length once at file level.
> 
> Revised patch tested on mingw32.


Sigh.  I'm not as enthusiastic about this change.  dunno why, call it 
stylistic, but I liked the parallelism of the five loops, and using the 
same data structures for each list.  Also, the addition of yet more 
static variables (even if they are auto-calculated) just seems hackish, 
compared to the standard "loop until NULL" structure that was in use 
before.  This to me seems to be a stylistic regression.  But it *will* 
work, so I can't object to it on practical grounds.

Or maybe I'm just being overly paternalistic to my own code. <g>

--Chuck




More information about the Binutils mailing list