binutils 2.11.2: libc.so.6 error...

Joe Sislow flynn@cosmodog.com
Wed Oct 17 18:01:00 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I saw an error message reported back in the archives for June, 2001
(message titled "Re: binutils: "unexpected reloc type 0x17" on sparc").

Anyway, the error that was encountered is much the same as the one I'm
encountering now (after seemingly successfully building binutils for
cross compiling):

--
./powerpc-eabi-ar: error while loading shared
libraries: /cross/powerpc-eabi/lib/libbfd-2.11.2.so: symbol fnmatch,

The weird thing is...the as, readelf, and gasp are the only things that
seem to NOT give me that error after being compiled.  I've been crawling
through the faqs and README's.  I reconfigured with and without
--enable-sharing, and I'm having no luck.  I also went in and set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the local include directory just to make sure.

Here were the configure and make commands:

../binutils-2.11.2/configure --target=powerpc-eabi
--prefix=/cross/powerpc-eabi --enable-shared
make all install

I'm using gcc-2.95.3.

I'm trying to compile this for a non-Linux PowerPC cross compiler.  Does
anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks...

Joe Sislow
Cosmodog, Ltd.