Regarding Dynamic Linker

Navin Kumar Vedagiri nvedagir@cs.nmsu.edu
Tue Oct 16 15:47:00 GMT 2001


Hi,
I downloaded glib2.2.4 and did install that. I have written a small
function in rtld.c and also did a make in glibc-2.2.4/elf directory and
there were no errors and compilation was succesful. I have writtena
program in another directory and my Makefile looks like this

test.o: test.c
	gcc -c test.c
test-ld: test.o /trutta2/srg/projests/dynamic-loader/glibc-2.2.4/elf/ld.so
	gcc -Wl,
-dynamic-linker,/trutta2/srg/projects/dynamic-loader/glibc-2.2.4/elf/ld.so
test.o -o test-ld -ldl

test-reg: test.o
	gcc test.o -o test-reg


The file test.c has just got a function call that is located in rtld.c
When i do a make it gives me follwing error

test.o(.test+0x11): undefined reference to 'dlopen'
test.o(.test+0x11): undefined reference to 'dlerror'
test.o(.test+0x11): undefined reference to 'dlsym'
test.o(.test+0x11): undefined reference to 'dlerror'
test.o(.test+0x11): undefined reference to 'dlclose'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status.

Can anyone help in solving this, I would appericate their effort
Thx
Navin



More information about the Binutils mailing list