Not enough room for program headers (problem with 2.11.92.0.5)
Stephan Kulow
coolo@caldera.de
Mon Oct 15 09:06:00 GMT 2001
Hi!
I tried latest binutils and also included the patch H . J . Lu posted
tonight. But I still have a problem with the build of linux-kernel (2.4.10)
The documentation for this ld error I honestly don't understand, it talks
about that the ldscript shouldn't use SIZEOF_HEADERS, but I didn't
change anything in that. I updated binutils from 2.11.90.0.31 and there
it worked, so I'm not sure if this a bug or if I misconfigured binutils.
Greetings, Stephan
gcc -D__ASSEMBLY__ -D__KERNEL__-I/usr/src/linux/include -traditional -c
head.S
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer
-pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -Os -c misc.c
ld -m elf_i386 -Ttext 0x100000 -e startup_32 -o bvmlinux head.o misc.o piggy.o
ld: bvmlinux: Not enough room for program headers (allocated 2, need 3)
ld: final link failed: Bad value
make[2]: *** [bvmlinux] Error 1
More information about the Binutils
mailing list