Fixing dependencies using make dep-am
Alan Modra
amodra@bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 4 08:54:00 GMT 2001
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:26:37PM +0100, Peter.Targett@arccores.com wrote:
> How are the makefile dep-am rules used to re-generate dependences in the
> Makefile.am? I'm trying to ensure that a work-in-progress port is added
> appropriately and the resulting differences in the am files (then .in) are
> only those for the new port.
>
> Is this the correct procedure for always updating dependencies? Until now I've
> added them manually. I'm using the maintainer tools found in
> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils/ and configuring with "
> --enable-targets=all --enable-maintainer-mode" in a separate build directory:
It's best to also add --enable-64-bit-bfd
> build> cd bfd; make dep-am
>
> cd ../../binutils/bfd && automake --cygnus Makefile
> cd ../../binutils/bfd && autoconf
> configure.in:8: AC_TRY_COMPILE was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
> configure.in:8: AC_TRY_RUN was called before AC_ISC_POSIX
> autoconf: Undefined macros:
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
> ...
Broken autoconf install? Zapped aclocal.m4, or other .m4 files, possibly
including those in bfd parent dir? Does cvs diff show anything
interesting?
> If I only configure with "--enable-targets=all" the make dep-am completes, but the resulting dependencies look like:
Possibly a broken sed, but more likely just more autoconf damage. Does
your build/bfd/dep.sed look reasonable?
Alan
More information about the Binutils
mailing list