[PATCH] Deleting discardable stabs

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Sat Nov 24 17:38:00 GMT 2001


On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 12:19:59PM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 04:12:12PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > OK.  I see that for MIPS shared objects we sort dynamic relocs by
> > symbol index instead of by offset, which strikes me as somewhat odd,
> > but I'll assume that object files are always OK.
> 
> That's not odd at all, in fact -z combreloc does this for all non-MIPS ELF
> backends (actually even more complicated sort).
> It saves up to 90% of time spent on symbol lookups in the dynamic linker on
> certain libraries.

Oh, right.  And I suppose this happens in shared libraries also, but
not in relocatable objects, right?  In other words, my sorting
assumption is still valid.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer



More information about the Binutils mailing list