MIPS md_apply_fix()(?) problem.

cgd@broadcom.com cgd@broadcom.com
Tue Nov 6 13:52:00 GMT 2001


"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
> FWIW, I got this with binutils 2.11.92.0.10 and 2.11.92.0.11. It seems
> ok to me.

What does that actually mean?  What seems "OK"?  Do you mean that you
fixed it?  What is the fix?

(I verified that this is still a problem with the sourceware binutils
as of 2001-11-15 00:00 UTC -- i.e., this morning.)

You didn't say what you actually used to build the thing that you
included the objdump of, either, so, I don't know what it is that you
think works properly...


> FYI, I used "-G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic" for kernel.

Yes, "of course" (that's what the kernel Makefile normally uses, and I
don't change it).

But they're not necessary for reproducing the problem, as far as I can
tell, so i figured it didn't make sense to confuse the matter by
discussing them.


cgd



More information about the Binutils mailing list