[Patch] updated ltcf-*.sh, ltconfig, ltmain.sh
Alexandre Oliva
aoliva@redhat.com
Sun Nov 4 19:09:00 GMT 2001
On Nov 14, 2001, Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec@shout.net> wrote:
> Alexandre Oliva asked me to mark this change as "gcc-local" in the
> gcc sources; I don't remember the reasoning behind this.
The reason was that libtool had already diverged significantly from
what we had been using, and the libtool branch from which I had been
doing imports into gcc and src were regarded as dead by other libtool
folks. I felt importing libtool mainline was inappropriate for GCC
3.0, and then, when the same problems were reported against GCC
mainline, I still hadn't had time to test it against libtool mainline,
so I went ahead and just merged the known-to-work files from GCC 3.0,
but failed to apply the same patch in src. Now Jeff ran into the same
problem using src's top level, so I suggested him to just merge these
files.
I shall look into doing a proper merge from libtool, but I haven't had
time to even open my libtool e-mail folders in the past few months :-(
--
Alexandre Oliva Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Binutils
mailing list