documentation clarification

Nick Clifton nickc@cambridge.redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 00:48:00 GMT 2001


Hi Matthew,

> However, if I compile using 
>  g++ ... -Wl,"rpath /home/matt/lib" 
> it hangs on the loading, however if I compile using
>  g++ ... -Wl,"rpath=/home/matt/lib" 
> Everything works fine.  I just think that the documentation should be

As Ian mentions you are using the -Wl option incorrectly:

: However, this should work:
:     g++ ... -Wl,-rpath,/home/matt/lib
: 
: I believe the linker documentation is correct.  You are not using -Wl
: correctly.  See the documentation for -Wl.

There is/was a bug in the linker however, in that an incorrectly
specified -rpath option would cause the linker to go into an infinite
loop.  I recently checked in a patch to fix this problem, so if you
would care to download the latest sources from the CVS repository and
rebuild your linker, you should get a proper error message instead of
a lock up.

Cheers
        Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list