mcount
Keith.Walker
Keith.Walker@arm.com
Thu Nov 1 13:15:00 GMT 2001
At 06:14 PM 11/9/01 +0100, ananda.motte@philips.com wrote:
>I'm trying to profile my code but on the final link am getting undefined
>reference to mcount. In which library is this symbol defined ?
>I've built my cross - compiler for arm-elf
>with the Nov 5 version of binutils, gcc 3.0.1 and newlib-1.8.2;
As far as I can see this comes from a file called gmon.o which is only
built for selected targets (arm-elf not being one of these targets (in fact
it isn't built for any arm target); look for "gmon" in gcc/config.gcc to
work out which targets it is supported on). As this is file is in a
list of "extra" files like crt1.o, crti.o, etc. I suspect that it isn't
included in any library but rather just added by gcc onto the list of files
to be linked to a program if it is required (and supported for that target).
Keith
Keith Walker keith.walker@arm.com Tel:+44 (1628) 427732
ARM Ltd http://www.arm.com
More information about the Binutils
mailing list