Linker errors building a kernel
H . J . Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Thu Nov 1 12:40:00 GMT 2001
On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 02:48:37PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 11:09:20PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >
> > Further investigation shows me that the references causing problems are
> > from the .pdr section. The .pdr contains an entry for every function,
> > including those in dodgy, later-deleted sections. I don't know what to
> > do about them; the format of the .pdr is such that I could easily
> > remove references, in the exact same code as my previous patch, I
> > suppose. Is it sane to give BFD knowledge of the format?
>
> I suppose. Since these pdr entries are mips specific, you'd want to put
> the code dealing with them in elf32-mips.c
There may be bugs in the kernel also. We need to take a close look.
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list