"Warning: size of symbol FOO changed from X to Y in OBJ"

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Thu May 31 11:57:00 GMT 2001


On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:46:38AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi H.J.
> 
> > I have no objections to revert my patch. I will leave it to Nick.
> > 
> > BTW, I believe "Warning: size of symbol FOO changed from X to Y in OBJ"
> > is a fatal error if X > Y.
> 
> OK, let's do the right thing.  H.J.  If you would please revert your
> patch, and then, if you wish, fix styp_to_sec_flags and
> make_a_section_from_file to repoprt and handle errors.  If not, then I
> will try to do so myself sometime during the next week.

I'd like to see a testcase for the problem before we do anything.



H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list