"Relocation info was lost"
amodra@one.net.au
amodra@one.net.au
Tue May 22 19:27:00 GMT 2001
On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 01:18:01PM -0700, Xinan Tang wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had a difficulty to generate relocatable information in assembler.
>
> When dumping relocation info., I traced down to the last call site,
>
> write.c:1927 bfd_map_over_sections(stdoutput, write_contents, (char *0))
>
> in file write.c. This is the last call to bfd_map_over_sections()
> in function write_object_file(). Every relocation record was correctly
> stored in the section. However, after the .o file was generated,
> the relocation records printed by the `objdump -r' are different
> from what I saw in the assembler.
>
> What did go wrong?
You haven't given us enough information to provide any help other than
wild guesses. You might like to look a little deeper and see what is
happenning in your bfd_close and _bfd_write_contents functions.
--
Alan Modra
More information about the Binutils
mailing list