Porting binutils for the tms320c6000

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart@capflow.com
Sat May 19 00:29:00 GMT 2001


Thanks for your kind answer.

> "It depends."  You really have to read the code to understand which is
> used where.  The last port I did, I ignored the special_function and
> just wrote my own relocate_section handler, because most of the relocs
> were "special" anyway.

 From what I've understood of the code, the special_function is called 
from bfd_perform_reloc (called by the linker) and bfd_install_reloc 
(called by the assembler). If I write my own relocate_section handler, 
what will happen with bfd_install_reloc ? Do I have to write both a 
relocate_section handler (for ld) and special_reloc functions (for gas) ?

Am I right if I say that the bfd_reloc_code_real_type is mainly used by 
gas to install the relocation entries (knowing how to call the reloc in 
a 'standard' way - the bfd_reloc_code_real_type - but with no idea of 
what the outside world calls it - the reloc type stored in the coff file 
relocation entry), and that the r_type field of the internal_reloc (and 
reloc_howto) structure is used when performing a relocation based on the 
type stored in the reloc entry of the coff file ? (I'm wondering if 
anyone will be able to understand what I've just said :-)

Another question. I've noticed .tv structures in nearly all the 
external_auxent, and can't figure out what it's used for. Any help for 
that ?

Laurent Pinchart




More information about the Binutils mailing list