tc-m68k.c portability patch

Andreas Schwab schwab@suse.de
Tue May 8 10:57:00 GMT 2001

Alan Modra <alan@SPRI.Levels.UniSA.Edu.Au> writes:

|> On 5 May 2001, Andreas Schwab wrote:
|>
|> > 	* config/tc-m68k.c (md_convert_frag_1): Don't set fx_pcrel_adjust
|> > 	to a negative number.
|>
|> OK I suppose.  I've never liked that particular trick in tc-m68k.c, and
|> feel it would be better to assign -1 to fx_pcrel_adjust, then explicitly
|> sign extend the (possibly unsigned) char where it is used.  ie. instead of
|>
|>   adjust = fixP->fx_pcrel_adjust;
|>   if (adjust == 64)
|>     adjust = -1;
|>
|> write
|>
|>   adjust = ((fixP->fx_pcrel_adjust & 0xff) ^ 0x80) - 0x80;

I'm now checking in the appended patch.

|> and similarly in tc_gen_reloc.  If you feel so motivated, consider such a
|> patch pre-approved.  You know what you're doing with m68k, in fact I
|> reckon you should put your hand up to be binutils m68k maintainer.  ;-)

The only problem with this is that I currently don't have a real m68k
machine, so I can only test via cross compiling.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."