"Fix" strip test failure

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Thu May 3 04:52:00 GMT 2001

On May  2, 2001, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> wrote:

>> I'd rather have something that would save the error messages in a
>> temporary file (or perhaps in a shell variable), and display them in
>> case linking fails, or throw them away in case it succeeds.

> Like this?

I'm afraid not.  You've modified the code that relinks the program or
the library at install time, but we don't need to be hide warnings at
this point.  The relevant chunk of code is the one that evals
relink_command a few lines below `temporary wrapper script for '...

Will you please Cc: libtool-patches@gnu.org when you post the revised
patch?

Thanks in advance for pursuing this issue.