efi-app-ia32 target is not working

Johnston, Michael michael.johnston@intel.com
Thu Mar 29 20:52:00 GMT 2001

Using the binutils-010328 snapshot, the efi-app-ia32 target
is not correct and is not recognized by EFI ia32.

The subsystem ID in the file header is 00h (unspecified)
and should be 0Ah (EFI application).

I forced this change in the binary and EFI will try to load
it but there appear to be other problems with the image.

I have compiled the same EFI test program using the Microsoft
based tools and the GNU based tools and dumped the files using
GNU objdump.  The dumps are very different.

I have attached the test program, binaries and objdump outputs.
I am not familiar enough with binutils or the EFI file formats
to debug this problem but I am will to do testing and more
investigation is anyone else has enough knowledge to make the
code changes to binutils.

%% michael