.rodata segment

Arno Puder arno@att.com
Fri Mar 9 22:16:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

this is probably more a gcc question, but how can I force static data to
end up in .data and not (as is the default with gcc-2.95.2) in the
.rodata segment?

Thanks,
Arno

To : binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
Subject : Re: Failed build of GLIBC for MIPS...
Date : Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:48:46 GMT

* Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>:

|> doesn't have standalone atexit, this is the problem?
|
| This is exactly what is intended and no, it is no problem.  If you see problems
| something else is wrong on your side.

Yes, else can be either binutils or gcc. I have found that
gcc calls /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.2/collect2 as ld
instead of /usr/bin/ld. I replaced that file with binutils'
ld, but same error. So I'm totally lost, but it is better
that I'm not alone, and someone else has this problem on
totally different platform.