LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Tue Jun 26 23:06:00 GMT 2001

"Karthikeyan M. D" <dkarthik@wilco-int.com> writes:

> 	Is there an equivalent variable for GNU binutils like
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH for Solaris linker, where I can specify the paths to search
> for the shared objects.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH mainly affects the dynamic linker, ld.so, not the
program linker.  ld.so is not part of the GNU binutils.

A native ELF linker will use LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a search path to find
referenced dynamic objects.  You can also use the -rpath option at
link time to set the search path which will be used at run time.  See
the documentation.

Ian