PATCH for i386: --no-copy-relocs

Jose Luu jluu@mainsoft.com
Tue Jun 19 09:14:00 GMT 2001


>> If I read your patch correctly, the dynamic linker will be required to
>> modify the text section, which means that it can not be shared when
>> multiple processes run the executable.  I do not think that should be
>> default.  Also, I think your patch needs to create a DT_TEXTREL if it
>> does not already do so.
>
>Definitely. Otherwise if it is true, the dynamic linker may be very
>upset.
>
>
>Is that for symbols in the .rodata (.text?) section? Can we tell gcc
>to put such symbols in the .data section?  The SVR4 mips ABI has the
>similar issue.
>
>
Ian and H.J.

I did not see the need for symbols in the .text or .rodata sections so I
restricted the patch to the relocs in sections where (sec->flags &
SEC_ALLOC) !=0, this eliminates the .rodata and .text, this is similar to
what is done in the case where a shared library is produced.


Jose



More information about the Binutils mailing list