binutl-2.951

Nick Clifton nickc@cambridge.redhat.com
Sun Jun 17 09:29:00 GMT 2001

Hi Bareev

> When I configure binutl-2.951 with options: "
> --host=i386-pc-msdosdjgpp   --target=mips-mips-elf
> --build=i386-pc-msdosdjgpp" and then start Makefile I had report:
>
> C:/DJGPP/BIN/sh.exe ./../ylwrap "" ./itbl-parse.y y.tab.c
> itbl-parse.c y.tab.h itbl-parse.h -- -d ./../ylwrap: -d: command not
> found
>
> Answer me please how I can solve this problem

The first thing to do is upgrade to the latest binutils release
(2.11).  Check the GNU web site for a mirror where you can download
it:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/binutils.html

The next thing to do is find out why the makefile has not found a yacc
compiler.  This is cause of your problem.  The first argument to the
ylwrap script is the program to be run.  In the example you show above
this program is being set to "" (ie the empty string) and so the shell
tries to invoke "-d", the argument to the program, as if it were the
program's name.

Normally the Makefile will check to see if there is a built bison
compiler in your build directory, and if not it will use whatever the
configure script told it to use for yacc.  Presumably you are not
building bison (it is not a normal part of the binutils release), so
my guess is that you do not have either bison or yacc installed in
your search path.

You can download a copy of the bison sources and build your own copy.
Try this page:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/bison/bison.html