GAS 2.11.1 doesn't work for sh-hitachi-coff

John Lowen JLowen@amtdatasouth.com
Wed Jun 13 12:49:00 GMT 2001

I had problems trying to build GCC because DWARF2 debug information was being generated and my scripts were failing. This is probably part of the problem. I ended up resorting to building sh-elf and this was a suitable configuration for me and built without any problems. Just thought I would mention this tidbit. I posted a message at the time on gcc-help.
John

AMT-Datasouth
jlowen@amtdatasouth.com
http://www.datasouth.com
(704)523-8500 ext. 132

>>> "Schirmer, Hartmut" <SchirmerH@Innovative-Systems.de> 06/13 12:21 PM >>>
> Why is .file in COFF illegal and why did gas 2.10.1 accept it ?
>
> obj-coff.c has
>
> void
> c_dot_file_symbol (filename)
>      char *filename;
> {
>   symbolS *symbolP;
>
>   symbolP = symbol_new (".file",
> 			SEG_DEBUG,
> 			0,
> 			&zero_address_frag);
>
> I'll try and block out the two lines in tc-sh.c

It worked !

Hartmut

*** tc-sh.c.orig	Thu Jun  7 03:15:32 2001
--- tc-sh.c	Wed Jun 13 16:14:27 2001
***************
*** 97,104 ****
--- 97,106 ----
    {"2byte", s_uacons, 2},
    {"4byte", s_uacons, 4},
    {"8byte", s_uacons, 8},
+ #ifdef BFD_ASSEMBLER
    {"file", dwarf2_directive_file, 0 },
    {"loc", dwarf2_directive_loc, 0 },
+ #endif
    {0, 0, 0}
  };

*** 1940,1946 ****
--- 1942,1950 ----
  	}
      }

+ #ifdef BFD_ASSEMBLER
    dwarf2_emit_insn (size);
+ #endif
  }

  /* This routine is called each time a label definition is seen.  It