Binutils status on Linux/MIPS?
Alan Modra
amodra@bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 13 02:20:00 GMT 2001
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 12:16:03AM -0500, MacGyver wrote:
>
> I'm attaching the collection of patches for your reference -- I haven't
> looked through them in detail yet, but I also know next to nothing about
> the binutils internals, so I doubt I'd be of much use.
>
> Any thoughts?
Of these patches, only 3 have not already been applied, or in one case,
a slightly different patch applied. The three are:
binutils-2.9.5-configure.patch, which I think doesn't actually do anything.
binutils-2.10.91-20010116-libtool.patch, again doesn't do much but may
be necessary for you, I'm not sure
binutils-2.10.91-20010116-ulfc-mips.patch, which is an ABI change.
It's likely that if your existing shared libs or dynamic linker were
built using this patch, then every binary from that point would need
to be built by a binutils with the patch. I suspect this is the
reason you've been having problems.
Alan Modra
More information about the Binutils
mailing list