Patch: Updates on mips testcases

Daniel Jacobowitz dmj+@andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jun 9 20:43:00 GMT 2001

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 04:14:39PM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:
> > 1. You may see it when compiling certain version of gcc with -O0.
>
> That's not supposed to happen.  GCC is supposed to deal with this
> by performing the substitution below.  This often breaks, typically
> because GCC is misinformed about the length of some instruction,
> but it is also easily fixed.

I've noticed that this problem also occurs if you try to compile the
massive tan tables in glibc with -msoft-float.  I spent a while
checking into it, and the length of the soft-float instructions all
seemed to be correct - could you elaborate where in GCC ought to be
fixing this up?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team