"Create a symbol table"

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 8 20:38:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 08:14:08PM -0700, Xinan Tang wrote:

>    Therefore, using bfd_set_symtab() alone to set the symbol table
> is not enough. What else do we need to do?

I don't think I had enough coffee this morning.  The comment about
the first entry of a symbol table has nothing to do with the
problem.  :-(  I think your problem is calling bfd_set_section_contents
too early.  That function should only be called after you have finished
making changes to the bfd, as it fixes section offsets in the file, and
writes out the symbol table.

Alan