gas 2.11 problems with gcc

Matt Schalit mschalit@pacbell.net
Tue Jun 5 23:26:00 GMT 2001

Alan Modra wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 04:32:03PM -0700, Matt Schalit wrote:
> >
> >   Shouldn't I be able to bootstrap gcc 3.0 using gas-2.11?
>
> Certainly.  I would guess you had some sort of configuration or build
> problem with the version of gas you are running.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply.  I was confused and found I was still
using 2.10.1, not 2.11.  I apologize for claiming otherwise.

I now have 2.11.90 up and running, and I can compile gcc.

Thank you very much for the help, and thanks to those
who made -Q be ignored !!!

That solved months of pain.
Matthew