Possible ARM binutils/gcc errors...
Philip Blundell
philb@gnu.org
Sat Jul 28 08:20:00 GMT 2001
>arm-linux-ld: Error: _udivsi3.o uses hard floating point, whereas vmlinux uses
>soft floating point
Oh yeah, that's a bit unfortunate. I think I ended up just putting
"-Wl,--no-warn-mismatch" in the final link.
>think would make a difference. Also, why is it that I need the header files for
>a stage 1 gcc to build only kernels? If I build a cross compiler for MIPS, I
>don't need the kernel headers unless I go to build glibc. Thanks Phil.
On ARM libgcc needs to know how to make system calls. But you're right,
there's no good reason to depend on kernel headers for this. Someone else
mentioned this a month or so back and I've been meaning to fix it but never
actually done anything about it.
p.
--
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Exmh version 2.1.1 10/15/1999 (debian)
iD8DBQE7YtJ7VTLPJe9CT30RAjAWAJ4357oVsyJSe2VTYcUKg7fHcDYrBQCgqiRk
Z2JR0h5hUepSgkJOkvhxeHQ=
=4ekt
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Binutils
mailing list