PATCH: Disable libgcj and gprof on Linux/mips

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Wed Jul 25 00:18:00 GMT 2001


On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 01:10:40AM -0400, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> 
> 
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, H . J . Lu wrote:
> > Do libgcj and gprof work on Linux/mips?
> 
> Probably not.  When I tried to build 3.0 on Linux/MIPS the assembler
> died on an error.  Using the HEAD binutils didn't help at the time.  If

I don't think libgcj works on ANY mips targets. It is not enabled
by default on all mips targets, except for Linux/mips, which is
enabled by accident.

> that's been fixed since I can continue testing libgcj.
 
We just fixed the mips binutils only recently. I also submitted a gas
mips patch for gcc 3.0.

gcc 3.0.x won't work right on Linux/mips as is. I am working on gcc
3.1. I'd love to get gcc 3.0.x working on Linux/mips. I have a bunch
of patches for Linux/mips. Can we check the Linux/mips patches into
both the trunk and the 3.0 branch?


H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list