ADMINISTRIVIA: size limit for binutils mailing list messages?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 11:42:00 GMT 2001


On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 01:19:17PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Given the recent spate of viruses showing up here, I'd like to limit the
>sizes of messages to the binutils mailing list.  I thought that there was
>already a size limitation in place but apparently there isn't.
>
>Any thoughts on limitations to the size of messages to the binutils mailing
>lists?
>
>gcc has a 400K limit.  Is that acceptable?

Sorry to follow up on my own message but I thought I should qualify the
above statement.

I am not looking for interesting suggestions on how to block spam.  I'm
looking to limit the size of messages to this mailing list.  That is
easily doable using the existing software.  I'm not volunteering to
write a complete spam blocking system based on exciting ideas from
readers of the sources.redhat.com mailing list community.

I'm just trying to use the tools that are available to potentially limit
spam.

cgf



More information about the Binutils mailing list