reloc overflow?
Kamp, John van der
KampJ@logica.com
Wed Jul 4 02:18:00 GMT 2001
Hi,
I'm trying to link my program but I get a lot of errors link this:
/lib/crt0.o(.pr+0x48): : relocation truncated to fit: 0x1a __mod_init
/lib/crt0.o(.pr+0xa0): : relocation truncated to fit: 0x1a exit
./generated_guiAccCopyHandler.o(.pr+0x34):generated_guiAccCopyHandler.cpp:
relocation truncated to fit: 0x0a __iso_wcsftime
./generated_guiAccCopyHandler.o(.pr+0xa8):generated_guiAccCopyHandler.cpp:
relocation truncated to fit: 0x0a __iso_wcstok
./generated_guiAccCopyHandler.o(.pr+0x1f4):generated_guiAccCopyHandler.cpp:
relocation truncated to fit: 0x0a FmHideWidget
./generated_guiAccCopyHandler.o(.pr+0x290):generated_guiAccCopyHandler.cpp:
relocation truncated to fit: 0x0a FmHideWidget
./generated_guiAccCopyHandler.o(.pr+0x4b4):generated_guiAccCopyHandler.cpp:
relocation truncated to fit: 0x0a XtNameToWidget
and this list goes on and on .. some 57000+ errors like this.
I have no idea what it means. Something to do with the location
of these functions within the final executable?
I have no trouble linking other programs, so I know the linker
can produce executables for my system.
I'm using the latest CVS version of binutils (2.11.90), and
running on a rs6000 AIX4.3 system.
Thanks,
John
More information about the Binutils
mailing list